The Motif Seattle Hotel
1415 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
From Sea-Tac Airport to the Hotel
- LINK light rail ($2.75): Follow the signs in the airport to the light rail station. Take the light rail toward downtown Seattle and get off at Westlake station, about 2.5 blocks from the Motif Hotel. Exit at Bay A, then walk southwest on Pine St. and southeast on 5th. The station is at 4th and Pine, the hotel is on 5th, between Pike and Union.
- Downtown Airporter Shuttle ($18): Picks up on the 3rd floor of the airport parking garage, island 2, every 30 minutes between 4am - 8:30pm; drops off at the Sheraton Hotel on 6th and Union, 1 block directly east of the Motif Seattle Hotel on 5th between Pike and Union.
- Taxi: $40 flat rate between the airport and downtown Seattle.
- Uber: Uber drivers are allowed to transport travellers to and from SeaTac airport with drop-off and pick-up at the regular departure and arrival locations. Car2Go is also now available at Sea-Tac as well -- take the shuttle from the airport parking garage to the WallyPark parking lot and pick up your car there.
Driving & Parking:
- From South of Seattle: Northbound on I-5 to downtown Seattle. Take the Seneca Street Exit. Right on 4th Ave. First right on Pike Street. Right on 5th Ave. Hotel is one-half block on the right.
- From North of Seattle: Southbound on I-5 to the Union Street exit. Turn right onto 4th Ave, straight 1 block, then right onto Pike Street. Once on Pike, go one block and turn right onto 5th Ave.
- Parking: The Motif parking garage is for guests only. Cost for parking is ~$40 per night per vehicle. The Motif has also partnered with the SpotHero! app (iTunes or Android or click here) to offer reduced rates for public parking around the area of the hotel. Street parking and several fee-based public parking lots are available around the hotel.
Things to Know for Your First Day/Night
Thursday, October 13
- Pre-Conference workshops: First workshop starts at 9am. Check-in on the 3rd floor by the elevators, then go to the workshops in the Seattle Ballroom on the 4th floor.
- Reception: 5:30-7:30pm, Seattle Ballroom, 4th floor.
Friday, October 14 and Saturday, October 15
- 7am - 8am: Check-in/Registration and continental breakfast on the 3rd floor. First session of the day starts at 8am in the 3rd floor Emerald Ballroom.
Restaurants, Sight-Seeing, Things to Know
Restaurants, Coffee, Sights, Things to Know, Program Book Errata -- It's all in here!
Map of Downtown Seattle -- The Motif Hotel is right in the heart of downtown (on 5th Ave. between Pike and Union), within easy walking distance to Pike Place Market, the Waterfront (aquarium, Great Wheel, ferries), Westlake Center and Pacific Place, restaurants, shopping, and more!
Take the LINK Light Rail from Westlake Station near the hotel south to Pioneer Square and the International District or north to Capitol Hill and the University of Washington, OR ride the Monorail from Westlake Center over to Seattle Center, where you'll find the EMP Museum (music, sci-fi, pop culture), Space Needle, and Chihuly Garden & and Glass Museum.